Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Spymac as my recycle bin, 5KWD monthly subscription, visa

It seems that Spymac considers yahoogroups e-mail as spam, and deleting it automatically without prior consent. That's not a good way to control spam where user doesn't have any idea which e-mail is being deleted or not. I cannot do anything about that, they own it, I am just one of the users who is actually not paying for it. I checked their terms and conditions and found these information on it:

"(6)You shall not use the Basic Web Services for "spamming." "Spamming" includes, without limitation, (1) the sending of Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE) of any nature; (2) the sending of junk mail; (3) the use of distribution lists that include people who have not given specific permission to be included in such distribution process; (4) the posting of commercial ads to USENET newsgroups that do not permit it, (5) excessive and repeated posting of off-topic messages to newsgroups, (6) excessive and repeated cross-posting, (7) the e-mailing of age-inappropriate communications or content to anyone under the age of 18; (8) the hosting of sites or information that is advertised by UCE from other sources; and (9) the uploading, posting, e-mailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation."

Does yahoogroups' mail fall to this category?? I don't think so. Maybe, they think so. :)I redirected back all my yahoogroups mail to my hellokitty account. I used this account because this has 10MB Inbox. After doing the changes, yahoogroups mail started coming to this account, which means that there is no problem with yahoogroups.

I'l still use spymac account as my "Recycle Bin." :) Instead of deleting e-mails immediately, iL forward it to this account before deleting.

On other matters, last month, I bought a 5KWD internet prepaid card, unlimited number of hours for 1 month, valid for 30 days after initial use. I started using it last May 7, and now, it is already June 14, more than a month has passed, and yet I am still using it. Actually, I am still using the same account right now! What must have happened, I don't know. Am I liable for using it for more than a month?? Should I report it to them?? What do you think? This is actually not the first time, it happened also to me in the Philippines. An 11-hour prepaid internet card just keep on connecting for more than 2 months... am I right, Owen?? Hehehe. U know which card I am talking about.

On June 17, my visa will expire. Got to visit Qatar airport again. I already have the airline ticket. Kuwait Airways should give me an award for being their regular customer for almost a year with an average of 1 flight per month. :) Too bad, I just have to stay on the airport for 2 hours and come back to Kuwait again with my new visa. I miss Movenpick Hotel, when can I visit you again??

That's all for now.

No comments: