Tuesday, June 22, 2004

certifications... and being a manager

I always wanted to take a training for MCSE certifications. I know, I can pass that exam, I know I can, because others did, so why can't I? We are all alike, humans, gifted by God with the same brain. But what hinders me from taking the exam is the money. You need a tremendous amount of money to have the training and take the exam. For an ordinary person like me whose income is just enough for his stomach :), how can I take it?

Right now that I am on foreign assignment and having the opportunity to save some money, I am now wondering, is the training and certification worth investing? Should I spend the money I saved here for that certification? Or is it better to take masteral degree? Or better invest it into a business? What do you think??

My direct superior left, and the task for supporting the KFH site was assigned to me. Now, I have a new responsibility. Instead of just directly coordinating with him, now it is me that will coordinate to the people for whom he is coordinating. (Huh! Full of coordinates, I remember Analytic Geometry, x and y coordinates. hehe) This is a better challenge, a new learning experience. Coordinating with other team leaders, discussing with client about some open trouble tickets, closing these tickets, these are the task that I really wanted to do. I don't want to be stucked up with codes. You know what I mean. I also wanted to be the head. A manager, handling people, where I see my ideas done in unity and with coordination by the people I handle, and in the end, I can say that, it's my idea, the credit is on me, though I did not do any coding. Maybe, I'll be in that stage in the future, but not now. There are still so many things to learn, I'm just 24, and maybe, when I reach their age (30+), I am already someone I dreamed of. Inshallah.

No comments: